There are many reasons why it pays to avoid the MLS when selling your house in Kansas City. Find out if you should list or sell directly in our latest post!
When it’s time to sell your house in Kansas City, sellers have a lot of choices. For some sellers, going the traditional route and listing their property will work. For others, the process is a mess, it’s expensive and full of problems. When selling your property it’s important to take an honest look at it and also spend some time seeing what’s happening in the local market. For a lot of home owners avoiding the MLS can be a great decision. Below are a few of the reasons why it my be best to sell your home to someone directly.
When you list your home on the MLS in Kansas City it can cost you a ton of money. If you take time to add up all of the you costs, you could possibly find that listing your house in Kansas City with a real estate agent doesn’t make sense. Belwo you will see a few of the costs you could face when selling your Kansas City House the traditional way:
- Repairs – When it’s time to sell your house in Kansas City, you will likely be stuck with repairs that have to be made before and after the inspection. If you decide to do the repairs you will want to make sure that the returns on the repairs make it worth it.
- Cleaning – Getting your house ready for market will take some effort. When cleaning whether you decide to clean the house yourself or hire a professional cleaner, getting it ready to be sold will end up costing time and money. Often people will have the carpets steam cleaned as well as have the outside pressure washed which also adds to the costs.
- Advertising – In Kansas City sometimes the home owner will have to pay for some of the marketing costs. Usually the agent pays for the photography and listing it on the MLS. Sometimes homeowners decide that they want to have their home staged or ask for premium marketing, such as listings in magazines. When that happens the homeowner may have to pay for some advertising expenses.
- Holding Costs- When you own a home you have holding costs each month. These include items such as the mortgage, insurance, taxes, utilities and maintenance. Do you know what your holding costs are? Many homeowners are surprised to find out each month what they pay in holding costs. When selling your home the longer you hold on the the house the more your holding costs will take away from any potential profits you’d see from the sale of your home.
- Commissions – If you decide to list your home with a real estate agent in Kansas City, you can expect to spend somewhere around 6% of your final sale price in agent commissions. It’s worth it for some properties, but for others it’s a better option if they can save the money.
- Closing Costs – You can also expect to pay closing costs. These usually range from 1-3% of the price of your Kansas City property.
Selling directly to PSR Home Buyers, will allow you to avoid all of these costs and fees. You won’t have to pay any agent commissions, make repairs, or pay closing costs. You can close as quickly as you want and have YOUR money in days!
Choosing to work with us at PSR Home Buyers, you’ll know exactly what to expect. Unlike traditional sales you can avoid the back and forth negotiations, won’t have to worry about making repairs, or offering a credit to the buyers. With a direct sale to PSR Home Buyers you don’t have worry about any of that.
Keep Strangers Out
One of the worst parts about listing your house on the MLS is the constant parade of people walking through your house. As a licensed agent that has worked with numerous home sellers in the past, one of their biggest complaints is how they always had to keep the house clean, always had to leave last minute if someone wanted to look, and how much of a hassel it was.
Selling a house fast in Kansas City can make a huge difference in your profits. Make sure before you list on the MLS that you factor in what it is going to cost you selling this route. Add up all of the holding costs, mortgage, insurance, utilities, taxes, and maintenance. Take an honest look at your property and see if you think it will sell fast on the MLS. If you have doubts then likely others won’t be that interested in your home either.
Avoiding the MLS in Kansas City can be beneficial for many reasons. Get in touch with our team to find out if a direct sale of your Kansas City house is right for you!